This is the first 4th of July after the great Jamestown Flood of 2013. Friends and neighbors are returning home but not everyone is back. Many streets are in taters with the water distribution under construction and water has not been restored yet. But the 4th of July celebration will go on today thanks to the herculean efforts of the 4th of July Coordinator, Leesa Bolden. Leesa has given selflessly to ensure that this day will happen in spite of her own house being significantly damaged in the flood, living in several temporary locations, and having her acupuncture and massage business turned upside down as well as her personal life She has pulled it off along with the many volunteers who were not willing to forego the oldest tradition in Jamestown, the 4th of July celebration.
Here is Leesa’s message . . .
I am so excited for our celebration.
Parking is limited so please, please, please walk if you are able, and car pool.
Schedule of events:
- 8:00-11:30 Pancake Breakfast
- 8:00-8:45 Farmer Sisters
- 9:00-9:45 Kevin Dooley and friends
- 10:00-10:45 Iain Hyde
- 11-11:45 Wild Mountain Kids
NOON: World’s Goofiest Parade featuring The Joey Howlett Kazoo Marching Band
- Katie Farmer Sings National Anthem
- 12:45- 2:15 The Fluffers (here from Chicago)
- 2:30-4:00 Games and Wood Splitting Contest
- 2:15-2:45 DJ Chad Zygoat
- 2:30 till we run out Dom’s famous BBQ – hamburgers and hotdogs after that
- 3:00-3:45 As the Crow Flies with Max DeVincenzo
- 4:00-4:45 The Full Frequency Modulators
- 5:15-6:00 Contraband
- 6:30-7:30 The Alcapones
- 8:00-9:30 Gasoline Lollipops
- 10:00 Big Medicine Gang
Prizes for the raffle came pouring in the past three days…
There’s wine, gift certificates for liquor, the cutest ever ukulele, MyChelle At-Home Facial Collection (6 products in a cosmetic bag) valued at $175 retail, a necklace from Jan Dorsey, Sylvia Welners signed books (available in August), adorable earrings, it just goes on!!!
- Savory Spice Shop ~ Tasting for 20 people ($300 Value)
- Greenbriar Restaurant ~ Champagne Brunch for 2
- Gold Hill Inn ~ $100 Gift Certificate
- Hotel Boulderado ~ One free night in a Boulderado King Room
- Woodley’s Fine Furniture ~ $100 Gift Card
- Mountain Sun Pub & Brewery ~ 2-$50; 1-$25 Gift Certificates
- Under The Sun ~ $25 Gift Certificate
- Hapa Sushi Grill & Sake Bar ~ $50 Gift Card
- Arugula Restaurant ~ $30 Gift Card
- Tangerine ~ $20 Gift Card
- Murphy’s Grill ~ $25 Gift Card
- Salvaggio’s Deli ~ 2 – $25 Gift Cards
- Tortuga’s ~ A fish house $40 Gift Card
- Jese Engwall ~ Framed Art – Value
- Blaster Bouncer ~ $75 gift certificate
- Boulder Arts & Crafts ~ $40 gift card
- Heather Yahnke ~ Free Heatherization (that’s a haircut above other haircuts)
- Mountain Strong Wellness Center ~ Free one hour massage; 1 free acupuncture treatment
- Harmony Music School ~ 3 free intro music lessons
- Full Cycle ~ Gift certificate
- Liberty Puzzles ~ 3 small puzzles
- Bob Taratino Recording Studio ~ 3 hours of recording plus CD
plus a whole lot more….
Looking forward to seeing you.
So much gratitude for this town. Mwah to all of you.
There is a lot that has gone into this 4th preparation and there are many balls that I have dropped. Thank you for picking them up, I am overwhelmed right now to say the least.
Leesa Bolden ~ 4th of July Chairwoman ~ who could have never pulled this off without the help of Javayne Jenkins, thank you.