Contributed by Oak Chezar:
Jamestown Flood the Musical will be a collection of co-created short skits, poems and videos, as well as songs, dance numbers, and …, well, whatever feels important to cover in the telling of our epic tale. (See the easy instructions below on how you can help write this show.)
We’re thinking about 2 acts: The flood, and The Rebuilding.
It would be great to have:
- stories from during the flood, especially our separation into islands, and those first few days…wednesday- saturday
- stories of being evacuated, helicopter experiences
- stories of living in exile…
- lost things and found things
- stories of people who never left as well as those still gone from Rubbleville
- dealing with recovery – mortgages, permits, FEMA, Government forms and the hoops and the b.s.
- beautiful acts of kindness… All the donations, the fundraising and the crisis relief work
- inappropriate gifts or comments from people oblivious to flood trauma
HOW ADD YOUR STORIES:
- Add your story as a Comment to this post. Go to the end of the post and click LEAVE A COMMENT.
- Don’t fret if your comment doesn’t appear right away. It may take a few hours but it will appear unless you include some really off-color Jimbilly humor which could offend the kiddies.
- Come back to this post often as you think of more stories/Comments by going to JamestownConnect.com and use the link in Quick Links at the top of the page.