These suggestions were provided by Alisa from FEMA who is in Jamestown. Following them will not guarantee that your future rent assistance will not hit some bumps, but they should help. The premise is that each time you file you want to make it easy as possible for the random FEMA processor who is handling your request.
Each time you file a request for rent assistance include the following:
- Rent receipts that show that previous FEMA assistance has been spent (there term is “the last payment is exhausted”
- If required by FEMA, insurance denial letter for Loss of Use
- Completed FEMA Rental Recertification Form.
- Jamestown Letter to FEMA_101513 (about prolonged utility outage and limited roads/street access)
Include the following on each page that you submit:
- APPLICANT NAME
- FEMA APPLICATION NUMBER
- DR-4145-CO (disaster number)
- LAST 4 OF SS#
- PAGE x OF y
Although Alisa did not mention it, Nancy and I have also been providing a cover letter that briefly explains what we are asking for with a list of of what is on the following pages, such as, lease, receipts, etc.
FEMA NPSC (NATIONAL PROCESSING SERVICE CENTER)
PO BOX 10055
HYATTSVILLE, MD 20782-7055
FAX NUMBER: 800-827-8112
Upload in PDF format on DisasterAssistance.gov