We are looking to assemble a team of volunteer Office Assistants to provide support for Tara, Mary Ellen and Rebecca in the office so that they can remain focused on rebuilding our town and helping its residents.
Job Title: Jamestown Office Assistant
Location: On-site at the Jamestown Town Hall, please note that the current drive to town from Boulder is just under an hour on paved roads.
Purpose: By assisting the Mayor, Town Clerk and Town Advocate with daily office activities, you will be allowing them to focus on making the most of FEMA support, work with contractors and the county, and attend to all of the tasks associated with rebuilding our town. This is a great way to support and connect with your community.
- Greets visitors and directs them where needed including Jamestown residents, FEMA representatives, volunteer groups, and state/county officials
- Answers the main telephone and directs calls
- Answers questions about the town and provides forms when necessary
- Hands out re-entry passes to residents and logs the entry
- Opens and distributes mail
- Records and enters donations into a database
- Prepares correspondence as needed
- Other administrative tasks as they arise
- Pleasant demeanor
- Good social skills
- Ability to find answers to questions
- Good communication skills
- Ensure messages get to the correct people
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of Excel spreadsheets useful
- A high level of sensitivity is crucial
Time Commitment: Office Assistants are needed Monday-Saturday from 8:30 am until 4 pm at the Jamestown Town Hall. We are putting together a schedule for 2-4 hour shifts, so please specify your preferred time slot. Training will take place on-site at the Town Hall.
Contact: Interested volunteers should contact email@example.com or 303-809-3121